2007年4月10日火曜日

Speech

First, was anyone else as embarrassed as I was when I had to listen to my speech afterwards? After I listened to my speech the first thing I noticed was how many times I said "ano" . I think I counted 16 times. So that is one thing I would definitely like to improve on. I think that comes with not just memorizing sentences, but instead just memorizing the structure and be able to have a more natural fluency. I was also suprised that I was able to correct myself during my speech. Several times I would start to say something, and then start the sentence over and correct myself. It suprises me that I was able to hear and catch my mistakes even though I was so nervous. This shows some hope that I was not just throwing out memorized sentences, but I was aware of the content. I will definitely work on my "uhms" and"anos," and I hope next time to have a more natural flow.

2 件のコメント:

Alexis さんのコメント...

I listened to ur speech again.... I understand what u mean with the erms and ahs. Though I think yours wasn't half as bad as mine. I can't listen to mine again. The thing I liked about your speech is that its very clear and it wasn't too long that it bored the audience. :D Nice pictures of mount fuji btw!

匿名 さんのコメント...

Hey Ginny, I really liked your speech! I honestly didn't notice those anos much, and I felt like your whole speech was very straightforward. You just got up there and said it! Plus it was interesting to listen to.